Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Unexpected Dreary Day

I thought it was supposed to be sunny today! For the last week I've been psyching myself up to clean out my shed. That chore has been on my list for a looooong time and I was sure that today would be the day. Well, I certainly can't throw everything out into the yard to be sorted when its this wet.



I took this picture last summer. I'm sure that if you saw it today it's sides would be bulging out! A few years ago I downsized into an 1,100 square foot house and needed someplace to store gardening equipment, my show display things and tent, and other miscellaneous odds and ends. It got filled up with things that "I might use someday for something". Why do we collect so much STUFF? During my psyching up period, I noticed that there's a lot of things that can go to the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store and probably a couple of car loads to go to the county dump. And, I need to find a place that will recycle plastic flower pots. It's certainly not a chore that I'm looking forward to, but it really needs to be done so that you can walk into it. Darn! I was ready! Maybe tomorrow... or the next day....

No comments: