Friday, October 19, 2012

Valle Country Fair!


On the third Saturday in October, at the peak of the fall leaf season, is the Valle Country Fair, held in a hay field in Valle Crucis NC. It's my big show of the year and I'm excited about the possibility of making some money to pay for some big-ticket items I've been putting off. It's also a really fun day, as my booth space is surrounded by members of my co-op galleries' booths and we turn it in to a social event.


It's only a one day show, but I have to set aside at least three days for this. Today (Friday) is the day to pack the car and go out and set-up. Then all day tomorrow, followed by the chicken dinner at the local middle school. (The 8th-graders raise money for their annual trip.) I'll be exhausted by the time I get home, so Sunday is unload and unpack day.

Our weather has been mild, but right on schedule, it's turning cold for the Fair. Time to break out the long underwear, big coat and gloves. Even though it's a church event, one of my friends always brings a warm toddy of some sort! There's 150 craft booths, music, dancing, story telling and fantastic food. If you're in the area, please stop by my booth!

No comments: