Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Boring Weather Post

"Winter View From the Blue Ridge Parkway" by Marty Hulsebos.

Ick. I was really hoping that this winter would be better than last (which was the worst I can remember), but it's not starting out that way. And it's not even officially winter yet. I'm not taking any pictures of my yard because they look exactly like last year's pictures. Boring. It's been snow showering for 5 days. Not a lot of accumulation on this side of the mountains (6 inches or so), but much more as you go west and up in elevation. One of my friends has 16 inches of snow at her house. This morning it was 4 degrees when I got up. And windy.

I've been staying in the house, other than a walk to my neighbor's yesterday to check on their heat. They're in Florida until after the holidays. Wimps! Really, I have mixed feelings about being in warmer climates during weather like this. I would love to be wearing T-shirts and soaking up some sun, but I'd be too worried about my little house to enjoy it.

My days consist of checking the weather report for the next few days, consult the calendar to see if I have to be anywhere, comparing the two, deciding if I should change plans, figuring out when's the best time to try and get out of here to replenish supplies and finish Christmas shopping. Wondering if I'll be able to get to and home from the gallery when I'm scheduled to work. Congratulating the thermometer when it clicks up one more degree and rejoicing when there's a patch of blue sky.

There are a few orders that need to go out. I think, instead of waiting until I can get to the Post Office, I'll put every stamp I have on them and walk them up to the mailbox on the main road today to be picked up. I'm sure they'll get there on time.

So, if I'm quiet for the next little while it's because I don't want to bore you any more with my endurance of cabin fever. I think it's a good time to bake some cookies!

3 comments:

Fred & Lynn Racey said...

It's way too early in the season to contemplate cabin fever, that's for sure! Cookies sound like a great plan..Enjoy! And you have Lola to keep you company....a great way to bond with her.

diane allison-stroud said...

so much to do this time of year...i have to get out and pick up more wood, i have to get more bubble wrap shipped up...i have to have to get all these things done for christmas orders!!! ohhhhnooooo.....but we will laugh about it anyway, it will all work out, won't it?

Ken Thomas said...

Oh, for heaven's sake, Zoe. The fact that I have little or nothing to say never seems to stop me from letting it rip. You might as well. ;-)