Monday, March 12, 2012

Messy but Productive


If you remember, in a previous post, I said that I was going to stockpile pieces ready to be fired, so that I can include them each week when I fire student work and save wear an tear on my kiln. This is what I've done in the last couple of weeks. Our first two weeks of class we work with copper, so I guess I'd better put the silver away and make some more copper pieces. A new order of CopprClay arrived on Friday.

Mercury is retrograde, so of course I've been having problems with this 6-year-old laptop. *Knock wood!* It looks like I might be needing to replace it soon, which is a total bummer both financially and getting a new one set up the way I like it. Let's hope that it's only the planets affecting this poor thing, but lately my mantra is "BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!"

It took me awhile, but I think I've got everything packed and ready to take to Main Street Gallery in Blowing Rock (our other co-op gallery) tomorrow. We're going to open for the season on Thursday and things need to be cleaned and arranged after being closed all winter. We have a member meeting that afternoon and a Hands Gallery member meeting that night so it will be a busy day. At least I'll only have to drive to town once.

Don't forget to make a comment on any blog post to win these earrings:


I've decided that the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. So, keep 'em coming! I love hearing from everyone, anyway.

Have a good week!

3 comments:

sticknbee said...

I wish I was in Boone right now where I could take your class again, it was so much fun!
Deborah

Jenn M said...

Zoe, I am just in awe of your talent! Keep the beautiful jewelry coming!! :-)

Lynn Rees-Jones said...

Love these earrings...and all your stuff :). I forgot you teach classes and am going to see if any of my book club friends might be interested in taking your class. Sounds like fun!