Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm Charmed!

There's a team of artists on Etsy that consists of nothing but Metal Clay Artists. We call ourselves the Etsy Metal Clay Team (EMC Team). I'm proud to say that I'm part of that team. A few months ago we decided to do a charm swap and there were 25 of us who signed up to participate. We each made 27 charms and sent them to one team member who coordinated the sorting of the charms. Yesterday I received 24 charms back plus the one that I created. (Mine's the one on the upper right.) The photo above shows what an incredibly talented group this is! Most of them are made from silver clay, but a couple are made from bronze or copper clay. The extra 2 charms that each of us did will be made into two bracelets and donated to charity. One of them will go to New England Celebrities Tackle Cancer (read about this organization at http://www.joeandruzzifoundation.blogspot.com/ ) and I don't think there's been a final decision made yet about who will get the second bracelet.
If you'd like to see the rest of the work by members of the EMC Team, go here. I think I'll be working on making my own charm bracelet just as soon as I can get to it!

4 comments:

Nicola said...

Wow - I love seeing all the different charms, thanks for sharing Zoe
Nic xx

Anonymous said...

what a lovely idea; sharing your art for charities.

HappyDayArt! said...

I am loving mine too Zoe. Thanks for the cool charm!

Catherine

Nicola said...

Got my charm today - even better in real life :)