Friday, December 18, 2009

That's a lotta snow!



I haven't ventured past my covered porch with a ruler, but it looks like maybe a foot and a half of snow. That's a lot of snow for us, and it's not even officially winter yet. I suppose that I'll be here in the house for many days, and I wonder if I'll be able to get out by Christmas Eve, when I'm supposed to go back to Raleigh for family festivities.




The birds are happy that I refilled the feeder. I had stopped feeding them because I was also feeding squirrels, raccoons and deer and the seed is too expensive to feed everybody. But, it's hard for the little feathered ones to find anything to eat under all the white stuff.

My road is a gravel road with a grass strip in the middle, so it can't be plowed. The plow digs up the grass strip and turns the whole road into a sea of mud when the snow melts. Oh well... I guess there's nothing to do but wait until it melts.

No comments: