Friday, January 28, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge

 

You've seen that I've been recently working diligently on an Art Journal that I started several months ago. Something in the Universe has nudged me to get out of my routine and do some art that I don't normally do. Have you noticed that when something is on your mind a lot you get directed to so many things that have to do with that topic? Well, this morning I was reading Beth Hemmila's Blog and she said "...ideas are always floating out there and people will almost simultaneously jump onto the same wave as it moves around in space and time." This really hit me.

Lately I've seen that several artists (as well as Beth) have joined the Sketchbook Challenge. It started on January first and has a monthly theme. This month's theme is "Highly Prized". Sponsors have jumped on the bandwagon and prizes will be given away to participants. Click on the link above to find more information on how you can participate.

I'm usually not a "joiner", but this one fascinated me because of Beth's comments, so I signed up. A little late, but what the heck? It just seemed so serendipitous and, since I don't believe in coincidences, I just have to follow my nose and see what happens.  I posted my first two images to the Flickr Group that were in this blog post.  Here's a couple more pages that will go up soon:

This is another of my wishes for Spring.

Dreams

2 comments:

Beth Hikes said...

Love it! Especially the top one -- prepared to be amazed. I need to start to be on the edge of my seat like that. Thank you for the creative inspiration that will carry me through my day :)

Lorena Angulo said...

These are wonderful Zoe !!