Monday, January 3, 2011

This cold is kicking my butt



and I have sooo much to do!

I'm very rarely sick. It's probably because I'm pretty much a hermit and don't get out among people and their germs very often. I can't remember the last time I had a cold. I don't like to take cold medicine because it makes me feel groggy and stupid. But yesterday, after going through a box and a half of tissues, I went on a quest through closets and drawers and found some Tylenol Cold. It expired in 2001. Oh well. 

I KNOW that my cold is worse than any other cold in history. My head hurts more than any one else's and my nose is redder. It's probably a good thing that I live by myself because it takes up my whole life and my entire house. It's like another entity living here with me. All I can think about is feeling better and since it's hard to sleep at night I'm taking two to three naps a day. And, I like to moan and whine. I'm a horrible sick person. I don't know how some folks just go on with their lives when they have a cold - it's unfathomable to me.

I have absolutely no energy and a long list of things that I told people I'd get to "after the holidays". Some of them have been waiting for months and I feel guilty. But... I... just... can't. Not until I feel better.

3 comments:

Fred & Lynn Racey said...

Hmmm. What can I possibly say that might make you feel better? If I try humor, as bad as you're feeling, you might take it the wrong way and feel worse. A new, miracle remedy? Nope. You know all the ones I know, and have probably tried them and they haven't worked. There is one that I swear by, but it's been so long since I took it, I can't remember the name. It's one Barbara told me about, created by a school teacher. Chicken soup? It never made me well, but it did feel good in my tummy. About the only good news I can think of is, it's nearer to over than it has been. That's kinda weak, but the best I can come up with. Feel better real soon, Zoe.

Anonymous said...

please try echinacea tea if you can. i've discovered it really, really helps me recover quickly. i know your pain cuz i get some pretty nasty colds.

diane allison-stroud said...

oh poor poor zoe...i'm right there with you...i don't know why the 'flu' always gets all the credit, i just want to put myself in a hospital if i have a cold...the one that is out there is just horrible too, we all had it about a month ago...now, here's my advice, if and when you do the 'cough' thing, rub some vicks on your tootsies soles and put some socks on...'they' say it really works...next time i get a cough, i'm going to try that...let me know if you are close to death, i will be there with soup and a thermometer, which you probably don't have!!! poor zoe...feel better...hug you kitty....