Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Stuff!



A big pile of fresh jewelry, all wire-brushed (done while watching the Hope for Haiti special last night - very beautiful and moving) and ready to go in the tumbler. This ought to keep me busy for awhile! After a couple of hours in the tumbler, I'll be putting on Liver of Sulphur patina and hand polishing. Then assembly, pricing, inventory, and photographing. It's really a long process from start to finish and ready to sell. I'll show off some of my favorites when they're done.

I figured out the disc cutter thing. I was trying to cut 22 guage brass when I first tried it unsuccesfully, so I switched to 26 guage copper sheet and got lots of circles cut with just one bang of the hammer on my butcher block. The combination of thinner and softer metal did the trick. The next kiln batch should be really interesting!

Heavy rain and "stream flooding likely" predicted for tomorrow. Sheesh! I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm a professional worrier.

No comments: