Saturday, January 30, 2010

Again...


Another big snow storm. This one is not as bad as the one in December, so far. There's only about 7 or 8 inches of snow this time, but still snowing and mixing with sleet, to continue into this evening. At least the holidays are not looming ahead and freaking me out. And there's no ice in the trees that would bring down power lines.


This time I can just sit back and watch the beauty and snuggle in. I'm making a pot of soup, reading a book and watching the birds on the front porch and the big flakes falling. I don't HAVE to go anywhere until next Friday. This storm has slammed most of the state and I've heard reports of several inches of snow in Charlotte and Raleigh. Therefore, there's lots of hype on TV and everybody's excited. To the point of the Governor declaring a State of Emergency.


I took this on the front porch, where just a little skiff of snow has blown in. Don't the birdy feet make a beautiful pattern?

No comments: