Saturday, July 18, 2009

Chamber of Commerce Weather

Photo of Grandfather Mountain by Marty Hulsebos of High Country Images.

This summer has been one of the most pleasant I can remember in the nearly 20 years I've lived here. We've had a few hot, muggy days that create haze across the mountains (the reason they're called the BLUE Ridge Mountains), but we've had an awful lot of days that feel more like fall. Today is shaping up to be one of them. I got up this morning and there was a distinct crispness to the air, and it might not get to 70 degrees, accoring to Ray's Weather Center. I don't have air conditioning in my house and there haven't been any nights yet where it's too hot to sleep because I can't get the house cooled off. In fact, most nights I've had to close the windows! I don't know what's causing this - it doesn't make sense that it could be global warming, because it's too cool, but I'm really liking it. It makes me feel spunky!

No comments: