Friday, December 25, 2009

I was not dreaming of an icy Christmas!



So far the power is still on, but it keeps blinking. There are trees and limbs down all over the place, and it sounds like rifle shots going off outside.



It's 28 degrees. I only need 4 more degrees to (hopefully) bring this to an end. I don't think I'll get home to Raleigh today, as there are trees down across the roads, according to the radio, and who's going to clean that up on Christmas Day? I'm missing the holiday with my family for the first time in my life and it's been rough. At least I'm not overseas fighting a useless war and I still have a warm house and can bitch about it on this blog to all of you. I hope your day is happier than mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope it warms up soon!
like you said, you can still be in a warm house. hang in there.

Fred & Lynn Racey said...

Sorry you weren't able to get there. Glad you're safe and sound and warm.