Monday, February 8, 2010

Etsy, Weather Update and One Hilarious Video










I've added these three pieces to my Etsy Shop in the last few days. Click on the description to go directly to the listing. I have several more to put up there, and I'm trying to add one thing every day, so keep an eye out for new work. And, yes, I have been working a little bit in the studio, in between house cleaning chores. I'm doing a thorough spring cleaning, because you know that as soon as the weather turns nice I'm going to want to be outside working in my garden!
And, now for another weather report: I've been living from one weather report to the next. Last Friday we had 7 more inches of snow on top of the 4 inches left from the previous storm. Then about and inch of sleet and freezing rain on top of that, so it's like cement. Over the span of 2 days I managed to clear a path from the house to the car and to get the stuff off the car. I had to beat the snow with my fist, or stomp on it with my foot to break up the ice before it could be lifted with the shovel or brushed off the car. You can walk on top of this stuff without breaking through it. I had to quit because my back was starting to hurt. Another big storm coming tomorrow night and the guy that plows my road is out of town. I've already been stuck at the house for 4 days and I guess I'll be here until the snow plow arrives, if not longer.


But, no matter how bad it is, you've got to admit that it's really beautiful. That's what I keep telling myself. Polly Positive here. I'm trying, at least.

This video is hilarious - enjoy!

No comments: