Thursday, March 3, 2011

Just so you know...

Sorry I've been absent. Here's a quick update of what's going on.

Last week I woke up each day determined to get to work on some jewelry, but something always came up and it never happened. Then, I went to the Triangle area the weekend of 2/25 for my Brother-in-Law's birthday and a benefit for the American Cancer Society. I stayed with my sister and BIL for the weekend and had a good visit with my Dad.

Last Sunday evening I started to break out in hives. I've never had them before and it was a little scary, as they crept all over my body. On Monday I got some Benadryl, which helped with the itchy welts, but I slept most of Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was a good day - most of the spots were gone. This morning I woke up covered again and this time my mouth and eyes are swollen.

I've been on the internet reading about hives and decided that I needed to see my Doctor since I've had them for five days. There's got to be a treatment for this that won't make me stupid and sleepy. One cause can be stress and I thought I didn't have anything stressful going on in my life, but now I'm stressing because I have hives and they've interruped my life at a time when I need to concentrate on making jewelry! We'll see what the Dr. says later this morning.

1 comment:

Alice Walkowski said...

Zoe, hope you find the cause soon. Hives are no fun. Hope you find relief. Will be thinking of you.