Saturday, April 28, 2012

New Yard Project, Part 4

I was away all day yesterday and when I got home the guys were all packed up and gone. This is what got done:


Looks great, doesn't it? Unfortunately, they didn't call or leave me a note, so I hope they don't think they're finished. Here's another view:



What I pictured in my mind was more level ground from the existing garden over to the wall. There's still a pretty steep slope. I think I need either a couple more courses of rock on the end away from the house, or a second wall behind it with some terracing. What do you think? I'll have to talk to the main rock guy and see what he has to say. After all, I have quite a bit of rock left:


See the timbers on the ground behind those rocks? That's phase two. I want a short rock curb in place of that wood, to match the other side of the driveway. I hope they'll be back on Monday...

No comments: