Monday, May 3, 2010

Baubles, Boys and Baseball


Last Thursday's Trunk Show near Lynchburg, VA went really well. Once Barbara's friends reaized that this wasn't Silpada - that every piece is hand made and most of them are one of a kind - there was a little bit of  a frenzy! Everyone wanted to have something unique that they wouldn't see on anyone else.


I had a basket of clearance items and I sold quite a few of these. Some of them had been around a long time and I'm glad they have new homes and that their owners are happy they got a bargain. Everything that's left in the basket will be going into the Sale section of my Etsy Shop in the next few days.


Trish was particularly amazed at some of the prices!


The boys were out of school on Friday for a teacher work day and it was great to have the opportunity to spend some time with them. Friday night we met another family at the Lynchburg Hillcats baseball game. It was a beautiful evening to be out - the scoreboard said it was 84 degrees, and a light breeze kept us comfortable.  Minor League Baseball! It's so much cheezy fun! I've been to many Durham Bulls games and remember all the good times at the old Durham Athletic Park, as seen in the movie "Bull Durham", one of my all-time favorites.



The kids and their friends ate junk and ran around like little crazy people while Granny Zoe handed out money - just exactly what's supposed to happen! No judgement here. I indulged in a hot dog and beer and kettle corn. It wouldn't have been a baseball game otherwise! And, the Hillcats won 8-2 against the Potomac Nationals.

This week I'll be updating the Etsy Shop and getting ready for my next show (Art in the Park, Blowing Rock, NC on May 15). Also, since I now have some money in my pocket, I want to buy flowers. I'll wait another week to plant anything, though, as it was 28 degrees at my house last Thursday morning.

1 comment:

Fred & Lynn Racey said...

I'm glad it went well for you. Such a good place for that to happen.