Thursday, May 3, 2012

Yard Project, Part 6

No work was done at all on Tuesday because "Something Came Up". I've heard that excuse before... But they showed up bright and not so early yesterday and now they're gone and everything's cleaned up. Here's where we are:

  

We dumped out some old potting soil on the end to back-fill a little. There were plenty of rocks left and that's why we did the connector on the end. I'll have to get a couple of bags of top soil to fill in a little behind the upper wall.


Jamie was so sweet to try and save moss and tuck it in the cracks. I hope it lives -  it's pretty dried out.



And, on the other side of the driveway:



Isn't that just gorgeous??

While Dave was here he did some other little projects for me that have been on the list for awhile. He fixed my bathroom sink drain, caulked between the bathtub and the floor, and built a new step on the other side of the porch. It was always just a little low there and I had been piling mulch up to make up for it, but this is much better: 


And, remember this picture from last summer?


Well, NO MORE, YOU SLITHERY BASTARDS!!
HA!
Now it just needs to be painted.


It's my turn to do some hard work now. There's grass to pull/kill in those new beds and mulch to spread to make it look pretty. Then, I'll get to plant some new things. I'm still thinking about what would look good. Any suggestions you might have will be considered, so comment away!

No comments: