Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Foto 9/16


This is a patchwork hill of Christmas trees. Did you know that North Carolina grows and sells more Christmas trees than anywhere else, except Oregon? It used to bother me that people would cut down a perfectly good tree and bring it in their house for a few weeks, until I moved here and learned that they're only a crop, like cabbages. It's just a crop that takes 10-15 years before harvest. It won't be long now before they start cutting and shipping them out - usually around the end of October.

There's a chill in the air this morning and my furnace came on. It's cloudy and I'll be in "Fog Likely"  before the day is over. (See this post for an explanation.) Seems a little early to me, so I'll go dig out some socks and a sweater.

This makes three weeks in a row for Friday Foto. I hope I can keep it up. Thanks for reading and have a good weekend!

No comments: